[thelist] help

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Wed Aug 1 10:26:28 CDT 2001

It would be using Windows Scripting Host and the file would be a .vbs
file.

And, since this isn't Web development...

<tip>
Scripting Windows:
A lot of people don't realize you can automate tasks on Windows like you
can with *nix.  Regardless of which OS has a better ability to do this, it
can be done on both OSs. On Windows, you must have Windows Scripting HOst
installed, but I believe later versions have it preinstalled. If you want
to check if you have the proper software installed, go to
Explorer (Win+E). Then go to Tools->Folder Options->File Types. Look for
VBS File. If it's associated with WScript.exe, you're good to go and can
script Windows operations with vbscript.
</tip>

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com

On Aug 1, Shaun M. Anderson had something to say about RE: [thelist] help