[thelist] xmlhttp

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Wed Aug 1 14:54:27 CDT 2001

On Aug 1, Tab Alleman had something to say about RE: [thelist] xmlhttp

>and switched to an XML DOMDocument object which is working fine.  But as
>I'm attempting to access attributes, I'm getting a sneaky suspicion that
>this parser is 1) not going to work with my beloved VBScript,

Sure will.

>and 2)
>only works with IE 5+.  Is this correct?

You using ASP or client-side VBScript? If the latter, you're
correct. Otherwise, it will work fine in all browsers, considering it's
server-side.

>Am I going to have to learn
>JSP,

No, though I'm partial to Java's available parsers.

>'Use XML to get Hotel Info!
>Dim xmlHotInfo, GetStr
>GetStr =
>"http://www.travelnow.com/external/xmlinterface.jsp?cid=3464&resType=hot
>el&xml=<HotelSessionRequest%20method='selectHotelInfoForHotel'><hotelID>
>" & HotelID & "</hotelID></HotelSessionRequest>"
>
>Set xmlHotInfo = CreateObject("msxml2.DOMDocument.4.0")
>xmlHotInfo.async = false
>xmlHotInfo.load GetStr
>
>Dim HotelInfo
>Set HotelInfo = xmlHotInfo.SelectSingleNode("HotelInfo")
>
>Dim HotelName
>HotelName = HotelInfo.getAttribute("hotelName")

Try these for more info on that object:

http://www.google.com/search?num=30&hl=en&lr=lang_en&safe=off&q=%22msxml2.DOMDocument%22+site%3Amicrosoft.com

I'm betting you gotta do some funky stuff like select the root element
first or something. Check out the links above.

hth,

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com