[thelist] Mac browser check of CSS code

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Aug 2 08:13:21 CDT 2001

Hi,

I'm writing an article for evolt about creating image rollover effects
using just HTML and CSS at the moment. My problem is that I don't
currently have access to a Mac to check that the code is totally
cross-platform.

If any Mac users out there could take a quick look at point out any
problems I'd be very grateful. I've put up an example at:

http://members.evolt.org/astro38/css/naviexample.html

I'm particularly concerned about IE4.5/Mac, which I'm told supports the
@import syntax but has issues with margins and padding, but the more
browsers that you can check it with the better!

It uses @import to hide potentially dangerous CSS from older browsers so
don't expect to see anything more than a list of links in IE3 (and 4?) or
NN4.

Thanks,

Simon