[thelist] ie5 kiosk mode link

Scott Schrantz scotts at rci-nv.com
Thu Aug 2 15:59:22 CDT 2001

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Joe Crawford [mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com]
>
> Right, you can do the same thing with:
>
> IEXPLORE -k www.evolt.org - which is less Drive and installation
> specific.

I was going to suggest that, but it didn't work on my system! ("The file
IEXPLORE cannot be found.") So, I didn't want to suggest something that I
couldn't even get to work. It probably works just fine for everybody else.

> Incidentally - I just did this, and hey - what's the *right*
> way to bust
> out of MSIE/Win/Kiosk Mode? I used ALT-F4 - is this the only way?

While researching, I found
http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/windowstips/story/0,23008,3327991,00.html
That page has a list of most of the shortcuts you can use in kiosk mode.
ALT-F4 works, as well as CTRL-W (a new one to me).