[thelist] Flash & Gif

Cancilla Dominick cancilla.d at buckconsultants.com
Thu Aug 2 17:29:39 CDT 2001

I haven't used Flash before on a site, but I have a client who wants to
incorporate a small bit of it into a home page. However, the client doesn't
want to rely on users having Flash, and I'd rather not code the page twice
(once for with and once for without Flash).

Can someone tell me if it is possible to have a page which displays a GIF
file if Flash is not available? Is it possible to do this without using
JavaScript? Is there a Website I should be turning to for answers to
questions like this?

Thanks (and pardon my ignorance).

--Dominick

DISCLAIMER:   The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.  Access, copying
or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by any other
person is not authorized.  If you are not the intended recipient please
notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.