[thelist] Bypass limit on memo field >> outputing to a text file auto...

Kevin krr at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 4 01:50:51 CDT 2001

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 06:35:56 -0700 (PDT)
> From: jon steele <jjsteele22 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: RE: [thelist] MS ACCESS - Bypass limit on memo field >> outputing
to a text file auto...
> To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
> To do this in ColdFusion, you would do this:
> <cfset path = c:\path\to\folder\filename.txt>
> <cffile action="WRITE" file="#path#" output="#form.textare#"
> addnewline="Yes">
> <cfquery ...>
> INSERT INTO tablename VALUES (#id#,'#path#');
> </cfquery>
> That's it!
> Thanks Tab Alleman for giving the idea.
> Jon.

Can you take me one step further?

How would you define the variable setup so that
I can create a variable to hold the file names for both the cfset
and the file path?

I would be able to write dynamic files where I can either setup the
file name from the website "via the user", or from the server using an
auto numbering system "or something like it"?

Thank You
Kevin