[thelist] Win98 Web Server?

Ed Courtenay ed at edcourtenay.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 09:26:20 CDT 2001

IIRC, PWS will run everything that IIS can with the major exception that you
only ever have one server (i.e. you cannot run multiple servers on different
ports or differentiate by Host Header)

CDONTS will not run, not because of IIS, but because it's designed for
NT/2000.

All other components (as long as they're not tied to a specific version of
Windows) should also run.

Ed Courtenay
http://www.edcourtenay.co.uk

"We've all heard that a million monkeys on a million
keyboards would eventually come up with the entire
works of Shakespeare - thanks to the Internet, we now
know this isn't true...."