[thelist] Swish... > Critiques Update

sfmalo sfmalo at msn.com
Mon Aug 6 15:24:20 CDT 2001

On Monday, August 06, 2001 11:21 AM, databarn wrote:

> Nice.
>
> Clean, easy read, easy to concentrate on the content.  Only thing I can
see that might be a problem is that some 'fresh' links are the same colour
as visited links.  That could be my browser, but I'm pretty sure I've dumped
the cache since last time <grin!>, and there is a group of links at the
bottom of the sitemap page, under "... more" that I'm certain i had not
visited, but show up as visited.  However, those might be in-page links that
I ignored in pages I did visit, so I'm not certain.

    Good! Thanks.

> 'Cept for the 'maybe' link thing, looks great.

    This brings up an interesting (and confusing) point about CSS and hover.
In April and June there were several messages about this. A suggestion was
made to place "hover" in the third position (between visited and activated)
in the CSS style sheet. I had previously been placing it fourth (or last) so
started placing it third. After you wrote your comment above, I went back
into the remote.css file and switched the hover position back to last.

The correct display of colors should be link=blue; visited link=red,
activated link=black and hover=black (no underline).

Now, I.E. 5.x displays everything properly, NN4.x does too (of course,
without the hover showing), BUT Netscape 6.x no longer shows my visited link
color (red) <sigh>. I decided to leave it as it now is

Any thoughts?

Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com