[thelist] what is needed to make this quickStore app. work

Susan Wallace susanhw at webcastle.com
Mon Aug 6 16:40:39 CDT 2001

>I moved the files to the custom tag directory and placed them under
>J:\CFUSION\CustomTags\quickStore\ Is this possible?

Custom tags are first looked for in the folder with the page that calls
them (local) and then goes to look for them in the /CustomTags/ directory
of the server (global), and then any folder under that.

Therefore, you should be able to put it into a sub-folder - I wouldn't
think this would cause an issue, but try renaming the folder to your first
name (i.e. Kevin) as opposed to the name of the tag itself and see if it
helps. Also, the index.cfm page that you had online actually called another
page as an include, which also included another template that was actually
the store. Basically, make sure that there is not a "generic" page name in
the root of your custom tags folder that matches the one your index.cfm
page is trying to load. Otherwise you may be getting an error caused by a
template that has nothing to do with the Quickstore. ;-)

I suppose I should mention that my experience here is with Cold Fusion
Enterprise version 4.x.

>I would like to separate the files from different projects
>into there own folders.

Good idea - especially in a shared environment. :)

Susan