[thelist] Yahoo! like HTML textarea

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Mon Aug 6 16:56:38 CDT 2001

> heh -- very colourful description, it fits a few people i've known...
>
> so, um, what kind of html are you interested in, specifically
>
> i mentioned   a href, strong, em
>
> anything else on the must-have list?

I think the must have is that it's configurable. But those are good
starters, with
think.

display dimensions would certainly want to be configurable per instance,
and maybe the element list as well? (so as the page author I could
decide to make H1 available in one content area, but not another.. so I
might see <applet...>
	<param name="elementList" value="a,strong,em,p,br,h2,h3">
</applet>).

The point for me is that is doesn't try and do everything a real editor
could do. No tables, no background images - just basic text editing. All
that other stuff should be handled by someone who knows what they're
doing. As a basic principle for these things, you allow people to only
create problems they are able to fix themselves.

If someone wanted to put the framework together I could probably take it
from there. (insert hopeful grin emoticon)

Sam