[thelist] Am I infected?

WorldRadioSearch postmaster at worldradiosearch.com
Mon Aug 6 17:29:48 CDT 2001

Howdy, Hershel !

Of my post at Furtureforums .NET today :

A new day with more virus: an incarnation of CODE RED and SIRCAM Virus are on the way.
News: A new and updated virus of CODE RED: CODE RED II. This will ONLY effect you if you run IIS on Win2000.
Win NT crashes if it`s infected.

SIRCAM Virus: it have now it`s own e-mail program, so it no longer needs Outlook to forward mail. One thing to
remember: in some versions of the virus it will ERASE your harddisk the 16th of October.

What to do:
the virus are a macrovirus and runs by using WSCRIPT.EXE in Windows.
Do the following:
If you don`t have any "rename software"; you`ll get one here:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/1142/chgtype.zip
Click Search at START-menu
Enter wscript.exe in the searchbox
When the program pops up; rename the application to "wscript.old" or somthing else as extention.

If you don`t have any virus program; go here  ( for a check from a external source ) :
http://www.antivirus.com/
http://www.pcpitstop.com/

Hope this helps,
Roy H aka lashmanash