[thelist] subdomains and namespace servers

tss24 at cornell.edu tss24 at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 6 18:01:46 CDT 2001

> You're looking to get into DNS(Domain name service).
>Its what manages
> domain names(yahoo.com, mail.yahoo.com) and points
>those hostnames to a
> specific IP address.

Ok sounds good. That is what I was figuring. However,
do I need to change the DNS with the domain provider
(like joker.com or internic.com) or can I do this on my
server?

Also, is there a way to setup an ASP form to change the
DNS dynamically without having to change it on the
server?

Basically, just trying to see if this can be easily
changed (like the user changing his own email easily).

thanks again

ted