[thelist] How do I handle an anticipated overwhelming load on our server

Peter peter at vardus.com
Tue Aug 7 08:02:22 CDT 2001

>The non-profit organization I work for has been contacted by a large
>national publication that would like to list us as a resource in an article
>they will be running. Our Marketing Director wants me to make a packet of
>info available for people to download from our web site.

If your website is generated using ASP or something, make the homepage and
the page you suspect will be hit all the time a flat HTML page. (e.g. save
database calls and ASP calls - all depending on your setup ofcourse)
Or host the package that will be downloaded somewhere else and link to that
(even under a different domain name, not many people will notice)
Peter