[thelist] Site Review for bluhanddesign.com

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Tue Aug 7 11:28:19 CDT 2001

> http://www.bluhanddesign.com/

other than the URL made me say it "bluh and design" ...

I'm not a fan of playing with chrome colors, in this case the scroll
bar. Makes me think it's broken er something. IMHO it detracts from
usability (changing something the user is accustomed to)

If you list out what kind of samples you have in your gallery, why not
make those links themselves? Let the user go directly to "Funky" if they
want....

I understand the tact to walk someone through what to do, but I think
the site is copy-heavy. For example, "We have designed a lot of web
sites over the years and created a lot of graphics. To better display
them they have been split into separate galleries so you view the one
the best pertains to your project." --Just separate them out, give them
links and go. Also from services.htm, "If you are looking for a quick
list of services, then we have provided that below" is redundant. I can
see the list. I'm on the page cause I'm looking for services =)

You have "web design gallery" (gallery.htm) a link but in the same color
as the body text. You've done a great job with the link colors (very
clean, obvious orange-rust, good compliment to the blue IMHO). I found
the link by hunting for it. Not the best way to get people into your
gallery

I don't see a need for a pop-up gallery. You've got plenty of space in
your main layout to walk through these, why the pop-up?

(more of a curiosity) what's the G stand for in the logo?

I can't tell if the logo includes the white outline or not. --There's
not enough separation (or is the outline part of the logo?)

What's a "Picture browser?" (from company.htm)

Yeah, these are relatively minor items, but they get filed under
"polish" =)

thanks for listening, I don't do many of these....
sgd