[thelist] Site Critique: Hillside

James Aylard jaylard at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 14:47:02 CDT 2001

   I've recently crawled out from under my Intranet-development rock (where
I spend most of my time developing web-based applications) to experiment
further with Internet web-site design, and I'd appreciate some feedback from
those more experienced with design in the "outside" world.
   On a voluntary basis, I am creating a site for a non-profit organization
(a church). I have three variations of a design that are identical except
for the color combinations, and it just doesn't quite grab me. Here they
are:

http://www.pixelwright.com/hillside/images/Hillside_NavTop_Green.gif
http://www.pixelwright.com/hillside/images/Hillside_NavTop_Red.gif
http://www.pixelwright.com/hillside/images/Hillside_NavTop_Blue.gif

   I personally prefer more muted colors, but the bright colors are what
they want.
   Would anyone be willing to take a glance at one or more of the designs
and offer constructive criticism/analysis? Since this is for a church, if
you're offended by overt expressions of religiosity, you might want to
defer.
   Thanks.

James Aylard