[thelist] Showing includes in Dreamweaver

Susan Wallace susanhw at webcastle.com
Wed Aug 8 13:24:15 CDT 2001

Hello,

I am trying to work with a site that moved from FONT tags to cross-platform
CSS. One of the requirements of the site is that someone be able to edit it
in Dreamweaver. I have my CSS file set as part of a Cold Fusion include in
the site template. I discovered today that Include files do not show up
within the template when creating a new page. The person editing the site
(or in the most usual case, adding new content to the site) can't use the
Behaviors palette to apply CSS formatting based on the style sheet that is
being included....and there is no way I am going to get them to remember to
apply <... class = .../> etc... by hand.

I looked on the DW Exchange, but do not see anything that will allow
cfincludes to show up visually. The interesting thing to me is that if I
use the Apache #include style, the contents of the included file show up -
you would think that you could do that with cf files, but either I missed
it or it doesn't work that way... maybe I am being a Utopian today. ;-)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Susan Wallace