[thelist] [OT] tv out problems

tss24 at cornell.edu tss24 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 8 17:46:30 CDT 2001

Ok, I'm having a few problems. What i'm trying to do,
watch movies on my tv off of my computer.

I have a Geforce GTS 2 with tv out. I am able to
connect the computer/tv with an S-video cable. If I
change my output device from analog monitor to tv, I
get the movie on my tv, although not full screen (the
window is scrunched horizontally).

Also, when I switch output, it makes my monitor black
and the tv shows the display and vice versa.

I thought there was an easier way to do this. Like set
it up so that the tv and monitor show the same thing or
show different things. And also so the tv uses all of
its space instead of like 90% of vertical, leaving 2
big black bars on the side.

Anyone have any ideas? Or where I can look? It would be
greatly appreciated.

<tip type="css" author="ted serbinski">
A quick way to greatly improve your CSS files for
better cross-platform friendliness, is to specify all
fonts in "px" instead of "pt". Macs and PCs differ when
rendering fonts in "pt" but render fonts the same size
when used in "px". Great way to make your site look the
same on 2 different platforms.
</tip>

ted