[thelist] _vti_inf.html ??

Filip Salomonsson filip at netdesign.se
Thu Aug 9 10:03:01 CDT 2001

Jeana Clark:
> But we're not using them on our server/site.  Do ppl just randomly throw
> them into the url looking for these things?

Windows (2k, at least) has built-in support for frontpage extensions (as a
client). If one enters an http url into the "add network place" dialog (or
tries to connect to the web site using FrontPage), you'll get requests like
the ones in your log. Try it, and keep an eye on the log file.

/filip

<tip type="URL schemes">
URLs need not reflect the actual site structure. Try to keep your URLs
short, yet descriptive. Using Apache and mod_rewrite, you can easily
separate URL design from how your files happen to be organized.
</tip>