[thelist] Apache default file for folder

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Aug 9 12:04:18 CDT 2001

 >I have a local apache server set up, and I was wondering how I could
 >set a page to be the default for a folder. For example, if I have a
 >folder named foo, and I go to localhost/foo/, I want index.php to be
 >diplayed automatically. Right now it shows a directoty listing of the
 >folder.

The global solution would be in your .conf file. See 'DirectoryIndex'. You
can also do the same thing in .htaccess. See

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_dir.html

for more information. I'm assuming you
know how to enable .htaccess on the server.

--
Morbus Iff ( i am your scary godmother )
http://www.disobey.com/ && http://www.gamegrene.com/