[thelist] redirecting server side

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 15:48:44 CDT 2001

Since you've emptied the working DIR, maybe you could build a custom 404 page in ASP or
your favorite scripting language that redirects the asset request to the root.

No guarantees at ALL, but a 404 errordoc that's something like this MIGHT work. Then
change your 404 doc in your server to point to this 404.asp.

**CAUTION** You'd have to test correctly to make sure you don't get an endless loop for a
true 404 type response.

<%
strQueryString = LCase(Request.ServerVariables("Query_String"))
strRequestedURL = replace(strQueryString, "404;", "")
URL = replace(strRequestedURL, "http://www.applebycolorlab.com/_working1/" , "")
Response.Redirect(("http://www.applebycolorlab.com/" & URL))
%>

Hope that helps.