[thelist] Perl: Writing to file not working......

Matthew Brooks m at pleonasm.com
Fri Aug 10 02:04:39 CDT 2001

CDitty,

Sorry to post again, but I just thought: as it stands, I don't think the
script is pulling out every separate address. For instance:

>	($new_email) = split(/\|/, $logemailfile);

is trying to put multiple variables (produced by split) into a single
variable, which won't work. To avoid using another foreach loop within the
main one, you might want to do *all* your splitting, and get all the
addresses into a single large array, before you even start on the address
comparison.

Not sure if that is clear or not.   Matt