[thelist] evolt sourcecode released..

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Fri Aug 10 16:30:48 CDT 2001

After a year or so of 'Next week it'll be ready' answers to people
asking when we were going to release the evolt source code, I'm happy to
say "It's ready.. Mostly" :)

What: the content managment system that runs the evolt.org website.
written entirely in cold fusion, activley maintained at
thesite at lists.evolt.org mailing list(
GNU Public License(GPL)

What else: its totally fitted to our needs, only works with oracle for
now, and isn't very well commented. Its also not plug-and-play, you
*will* need help getting it running :) (hence the mailing list)

Where: http://thecode.sourceforge.net (i have no html skills :)

Who: If you're looking for a custom build CMS like evolts and dont have
the time/skill/money to build/buy/lease your own.

Who else: If you're interested in contributing back to making the CMS a
better product. DB folks, pixel wranglers, HTML/CSS monkeys, testers,
documentation writers, developers - no matter what your skill set or
skill level, you can help out!

Why: evolt has always been based on openness and sharing with the community

Why else: it would be cool to get improvements, bugfixes, and ideas back
from the community at large :)

So if you've got the time and the willingness to give a little something
back to evolt, i urge you to join thesite mailing list, say hi, and
start pitching in!

Feel free, as always, to shout if you have questions or comments :)

.djc.