[TheList] CSS diff - IE, NN, Mozilla, Opera

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Sat Aug 11 14:48:23 CDT 2001

Joel,

At 11:55 AM 08/11/2001, robert goodyear wrote:
>Hello Joel:
>
>FWIW, the dhtml nav gets completely scrambled under NN4/Mac. With NS6/Mac
>they don't
>rollover, which isn't much of a problem as the nav moves to the right
>column whe inside,
>but it's really funked up on 4.7
>
>Let me know if you need some screen shots from the Mac (or if you even
>care ;-)

The dhtml nav rollovers don't work in Opera 5.12 either.

>--- Joel D Canfield <joel at spinhead.com> wrote:
> > If NN4 won't pickup the styles for links, why is it doing it for the
> > headers? (they're links too.) Also, the headers and other links ARE in a
> > nested table.

Opera 5.12 won't pick up the styles for the nav links either.

Check out the results of running the style sheet through W3C's CSS
validator (long - copy/paste wrap if needed)
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.magisnetworks.com%2Fmagis.css&warning=1&profile=css2

You might also check out the W3C's HTML validator results, too, and see if
that helps in other ways besides the CSS:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.magisnetworks.com%2F&doctype=HTML+4.01+Transitional

I'd also suggest adding quotations around all the attributes, not just some
of them.

Those are a few things I'd check out and then go from there if there are
still problems. HTH.

Warmly,
Shirley
--