[thelist] Late-night call for opinions

Michael Buffington mike at price.com
Mon Aug 13 01:14:20 CDT 2001

On the "Welcome to the party after the party note" I'll share a personal
experience that may help inspire Martin:

My younger brother was far to young to be drinking, and took it way too far
at a party, and ended up in intensive care, his stomach being pumped dry
several times, slipping in and out of a coma for three weeks.

If he drinks alcohol, or has any type of food or medicine with alcohol in
it, it's likely he will develop a raging ulcer and spend the rest of his
life eating oatmeal, or his pancraeas will burst, or worse yet, end up dead.

"Welcome to the party after the party, where you see the contents of your
stomach sucking through a tube, and artificial bile is pumped into your gall
bladder. Have a blast while you slip into and out of a coma while loved ones
sit and wait with white knuckles. Don't worry about controlling your bodily
functions, that's what the cather is for! And you'll have a staff of
friendly nurses to feed you lunch through your IV."

That might make an impact with "invincible" teens.

Michael Buffington
http://www.michaelbuffington.com
mike at stompzine.com
cell. (714) 404-8616