[thelist] Language Requirements for Canadian sites?

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Mon Aug 13 19:40:02 CDT 2001

Joe,

A very quick look here and I haven't been able to come up with anything
specific for public sites.  There's a fair bit of information for
governmental sites (both federal and provincial), which MUST be in both
languages.  To the best of my knowledge, there are no legal requirements
placed upon the general public.   IOW, anything government services related
will have requirements.

Here's the Canadian government's search site:
http://search-recherche.gc.ca/cgi-bin/query?mss=canada/en/simple.html

However, I would also suggest you look specifically under Quebec's
provincial web site IF your client has an office in Quebec.

Here's provincial government of Quebec's web site:
http://www.gouv.qc.ca/Index_en.html

HTH,

Michele