[thelist] Javascript and Macs...

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Mon Aug 13 20:51:01 CDT 2001

I've experimented with as much of the "advanced" js / dhtml features when
it comes to Macs as part of my work with the DynAPI and my own
distribution of the API.  I have found that the only major glitch you need
to be aware of is the lack of LiveConnect support in Mac/IE.

This means that if you want to do anything with JS -> Plugin or
Plugin->Plugin communication, don't expect it to work on the Mac using
IE.  NS does not have this problem.

Other than that, there are a fiew dhtml related problems but it is best to
try as much as possible and then deal with specific problems as they arise
or you spend too much time thinking about what doesn't work and will end
up with something that is too far within the boundries and isn't as great
as your originally planned.