[thelist] asp: FileSystemObject

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at RealMetros.com
Tue Aug 14 14:30:55 CDT 2001

I did see the post about the Norton Antivirus.. and I don't have Norton
running on this box.. but sorry for not answering.

I still don't know how to disable/enable the FSO.  Does anybody know how
to do this on a Win2k box?  Or can anyone verify that it even can be
done?

-----Original Message-----
From: Warden, Matt [mailto:mwarden at mattwarden.com]

On Aug 14, David at softv.net had something to say about RE: [thelist]
asp:...

>AS Anthony said, it should be:
>
>Dim objFSO
>Set objFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

No, it doesn't matter. And let's not get into the Server.CreateObject
vs. CreateObject debate, ok dex? ;-)

If you were having problems writing a file, I'd say it's permissions.
But,
since it's having problems creating the FSO, I'd bet it's disabled.

Did you see that post about the Norton Antivirus problem? You never
responded to that...

thanks,

--
mattwarden