[thelist] I want to be a good evolter :)

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 15:38:41 CDT 2001

Sorry about the title, couldn't think of anything else to put. I am trying
to get my pages to validate and I'm running into a couple of problems. I
want to encourage people to buy their own domain names, so, on the relevant
page of my site, I have included the code from Easily (http://easily.co.uk)
for clients to check the availability of their desired domain name.
Unfortunately, their code does not validate, and there is no way around it.
The line in question is...

background="http://easily.co.uk/images/external/logoback2.gif">

and the doctype is...

Apparently, you cannot use "background" in a <table> tag. I'm trying really
hard to do this properly, but I am going to have to leave it as is if there
is no proper workaround. The whole page in question is at
http://www.ratking.co.uk/domain.html .

There is a second problem on this page caused by the style sheet. When I
tried to validate this it told me I had to stick "background-color" after
everything. This causes half of the Easily portion of the page to disappear
so, once again, anyway round this?

N.B. I realise that the css controlling the scroll bars doesn't validate
either, which is quite irritating. Is this because it is an IE specific
thing?

Thanks
Kev
kjs at ratking.co.uk