[thelist] mailto: long body text

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Tue Aug 14 15:40:08 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tyme" <nopun at bellsouth.net>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] mailto: long body text

: Well, I knew that _someone_ would give me the "don't use mailto:" lecture.
: Not surprised that it was you...nothing personal. (See inline comments, if
: you'd like.)

Tyme,

In this particular case, the only solution to send the letter in tact may be
to not use the mailto: idea, so .jeff's points probably should not be taken
as a lecture.  The point is, you could spend 10 hours battling the email
client technology just to come up with a kludgy solution using mailto:, or
you could add a simple form on the page that submits to a ASPMail engine to
send the email to the recipient, and back to the person who wants to send
the message (a receipt)

Understanding that you may not want to use the form method for personal
reasons, if noone has spoken up by now, there's a 90% chance that no
subscriber to thelist knows the answer off the top of their head, and your
best bet may to just tough it out and do the form mail.  :)

-joshua