[thelist] mailto: long body text

Tyme nopun at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 14 17:19:00 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Joshua Olson <joshua at alphashop.net>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] mailto: long body text

be

TYME} That is not the intent; not intended to send in tact.  (Boy, I sure
thought that I mentioned that along the way.)  The intent is to provide the
user with a sample letter that they can either mail as is or, more
importantly, easily revise as desired before mailing.

> to not use the mailto: idea, so .jeff's points probably should not be
taken
> as a lecture.  The point is, you could spend 10 hours battling the email
> client technology just to come up with a kludgy solution using mailto:, or
> you could add a simple form on the page that submits to a ASPMail engine
> send the email to the recipient, and back to the person who wants to send
> the message (a receipt)

TYME} As stated in the original post, I am well aware of the ASPMail option.
My question was related to the limitations of mailto:

> Understanding that you may not want to use the form method for personal
> reasons, if noone has spoken up by now, there's a 90% chance that no

TYME} Correct.  I hate mail forms and want to provide people who likewise
hate them with an _additional_ method.  That was the whole point of my
original post.