[thelist] Expired Domains Not Available

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Aug 14 22:03:23 CDT 2001

At 04:29 PM 8/14/2001, you wrote:

>It seems that Network Solutions is "holding on" to expired domains even
>after they have expired.
>
>For example, a domain I want expired on 17.Apr.2001
>
>But it is still not available.

It takes up to 90+ days for Network Solutions to "drop" the domain, and
about 6 days for the domain to clear the Root Servers.

I would look at your domain to free up within the week. Be careful though,
Domain Squatters are slamming servers every morning snagging expiring
domains with bots. I have information from on Accredited Registrar that
70-80% of all expiring domains are snapped up by speculators. We had one
expiring domain "snatched" on us like that.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys