[thelist] Splash Pages & The Great Unwashed

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 15 12:57:44 CDT 2001

> From: "J. Blanchard" <jay.blanchard at thermon.com>
>
> I need opinions and experiences about running/designing/using splash
> pages as the entry point to a web site. I have, in all but a few
> circumstances, abhorred them because it is one additional click to the
[...]
> of the 'team' too, some siding with me about getting the customer to
> the stuff they need in the least amount of clicks.

well, i've run into this before, and a lot of my clients ask for splash
pages... since they won't budge, i created an alternate solution -- a
splash page that (ideally) appears once per user per
month/week/year/etc...

Let the User Skip the Splash Page
http://evolt.org/article/list/20/416/index.html

otherwise, make sure it's small, fast, and doesn't have another
'splash' page behind it (one with just marketing crap, no real
content for the user)...