[thelist] Re: site test on Mac, was:Suggestions for Mac test environment

Adrian Simmons adrian at cubitum.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 17:48:33 CDT 2001

>   A bit of OT, but all Mac owners, could you check
>and tell me if this site works for you....I know that for some mac users
>none of the links or texts get displayed
Oh yes, IE:Mac 5.1b on OS X, just a big 'ol blank white space where
your content should presumably be. And an annoying cursor flicker as
that clock ticks (is there really a GUI in existence that doesn't
have it's own clock, so why duplicate the feature?). Plus the page
refuses to refresh....

In Opera 5 tp1.315 the content appears but your "Currently Playing"
box is a mess (scoll bars and all). Ditto for Mozilla 0.93, although
you have to click a link to see the Currently Playing song - the
resulting page is a mess (message repeated about 5 times). Mozilla
also has a big gap in the blue top of the page title bar if the
window is resized too large.

I'd send screen shots but it's 11:35pm and I already had two
beers.........mail me if you want some.

>...ands I have no idea what the
>problem might be. So any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Well the fact that you have multiple HTML, Head and Body tags
scattered throughout the document probably doesn't help! I swear I
counted at least three sets.......I think your code needs some
cleaning up.
You are also specifying non standard fonts (no Tahoma on my mac) in
your CSS and not providing an alternative, that might not help.
Thirdly, you might try adding a doctype declaration.

--
Adrian

e-mail:
mailto:adrian at cubitum.co.uk