[thelist] Using Publisher Files in Frontpage

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Aug 15 21:43:54 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I have received some HTML files from a client that created them in Windows
Publisher 98. Something I did not expect was that Publisher seems to save
the entire page a .gif which contains the image maps and pictures being
used. Could saving this way be a setting he may have set in publisher?

I have everything set up in FrontPage and can publish (this is what the
client wants to use) I have tried converting the tables containing text
(also saved within the main .gif)into text and all this does is create a
rather large space to place text into the page.

I can't seem to convert in Fireworks either. Any suggestions about how I
might be able to break these pages down into it's more simple elements would
be appreciated. He would like this site published by Friday. Even if I
recreate it, costing him a lot of money, I wouldn't be able to finish by
then.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Bob
---