[thelist] HTML Editor Mystery

Burhan Khalid burhankh at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 16 14:55:59 CDT 2001

I had originally written this for the site, but I was told it was better
suited for the list, so here goes (first list post).

I was wondering if anyone knew of an HTML editor (NOT WYSIWYG), which has
the following options?

* Syntax highlighting for : ASP, PHP, JavaScript, HTML (duh), CSS, and
Coldfusion

* Validation means for validating content against published guides (W3C)

* Does NOT contain extra clutter..why would I want a GIF animator/HTML
editor/Live Preview/FTP client?

* Generates standards compliant code

I have used editors such as 1st Page 2000 (okay, I guess, too cluttery),
HTML Easy or something, and of course, good ol' notepad.

Let me know if there are any good ones out there. There is bound to be one
floating there that everyone is using but not telling me about.

Thanks,
(Burhan) Mohammad Burhan Khalid
...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most