[thelist] death by banner- the next generation

found at warmonger.net found at warmonger.net
Fri Aug 17 13:23:58 CDT 2001

On Aug 17 07:49, "the head lemur" <headlemur at clearskymail.com> wrote:
>[...]
> "Software replaces banner ads on popular sites"
> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-6897620.html?tag=tp_pr
>
> Holy battling pop-ups pixel mechanics!

Yes!  Any bets on how long it will be before some porn company
measures the photos on CNN and government sites and lets you see
pop-ups of naked people instead of the actual content?

I can just see it now... They could precisely measure images on
official celebrity sites then position nude body parts in the (in)appropriate
places.

Just think, you don't need to bother designing graphics for
your web sites anymore.  These ad companies will do that for you.