[thelist] Database design

Flavia Silveira-Tarzwell (FayeC) fayec at canada.com
Sat Aug 18 11:45:51 CDT 2001

Hi,

For the past 4 months I had been taking a web development course where I
was introduced to ASP specifically for E-commerce development.
I had some computer programming background (Clipper) and that helped me
with the loops and the overall programming logistic but it was still a
very basic course and we were taken by the hand during the whole time.
I do understand the code we were given but now I feel I don't have
enough knowledge to develop another project, specially because this new
project is not an e-commerce site (they are not selling anything online)
so I can't even use the code I already have...
What I really need for this project is a tutorial on database design. I
know what I need for the site but for the life of me I can't see how to
make the relationship between the two tables in the database.
If anybody can point to a tutorial on how to create table relationships
in a database I would be very grateful if you could pass that along.
Sorry for the "dumb" posting...I am still in my quest for knowledge....

FayeC