[thelist] target="_blank"

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Sat Aug 18 20:00:06 CDT 2001

At 04:47 PM 08/18/2001, you wrote:
>too lazy to do the research, i'm hoping somebody knows
>
>target="_blank" is not valid in xhtml strict
>
>presumably, that's because it's a frameset attribute -- i had gotten so
>used to just dropping it into any link, that it seemed like a normal html
>attribute
>
>is there a css equivalent?
>
>i don't want to use the frameset dtd, and the only other workaround i can
>think of is to use javascript
>

>rudy

rudy, I'm just digging into XHTML also, but I wonder about just using
another term that isn't one of the "reserved" terms, such as
target="new_window" or anything. Have you hopped over to the W3
specifications about this? I'm going to go look right now, as you've
sparked my curiosity. I'll be getting into XHTML in a big way for a
project, so I need to know this, too!

Warmly,
Shirley

--