[thelist] I am looking into the possibility of replacing my

rick rolson at otn.net
Sun Aug 19 17:20:45 CDT 2001

RAID 0 (striping) has excellent read/write performance.  So, I believe this
would be ideal for your setup since you're working with big files.  The big
drawback of striping is that if one drive is lost in your array, then ALL
the data is lost.  With a RAID 0 setup, your chances for a crash are now 2x
what they were.

rick