[thelist] Re: thelist digest, Vol 1 #1585 - 23 msgs

Kevin krr at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 21 09:23:19 CDT 2001

> Message: 12
> From: "spinhead" <evolt at spinhead.com>
> To: "evolt" <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
> Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:31:19 -0700
> charset="iso-8859-1"
> Subject: [thelist] Image Robot or other image batch processing tool
>
> Any opinions on Image Robot? http://www.jasc.com/product.asp?pf_id=011
>
> We're specifically looking for a cost effective alternative to PhotoShop
for
> folks who only need to batch process existing graphics, primarily with a
> view to size optimization.
>
> spinhead

I use Paint Shop Pro 7.

One click batch processing

Easy and intuitive.

It is also very cost effective. I can't think of any reason to use image
robot
at this time, However I didn't really take a close look at it.

If you would like to see what is possible using PSP after working with it
for
a very short peroid of time take a look at these photos.

Some of them using cloning, some masking, some layers. All have been resized
cropped for perspective and compressed for the web.

http://home.netcom.com/~krr/pspExamples/Browse%20Image%20Files.html

NOTE:
Some of the images have  a very minor distortion. This is not the result
of PSP but rather the result of a third party tool I used to create the Web
page.
One of those one click point to a file type of deals.

Hope this is helpful

Kevin