[thelist] security certificates

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 17:05:24 CDT 2001

Anyone can CONTACT Verisign and start the process, but the domain owner will need to
provide documentation (like an Articles of Incorporation or something of that ilk) to
Verisign. But generating the key request will require the assistance of the site admin,
wherein the cert owner's name and information needs to exactly match their paper
documentation that will eventually be sent to Verisign.

P.S.: Anyone: are all browsers able to authenticate 128-bits keys nowadays?

/rg