[thelist] Can flash pass data to something other than a web server?

am watson at cabal.st
Tue Aug 21 20:12:54 CDT 2001

On 21 Aug 2001, at 16:32, John Dowdell wrote:

> I may be misunderstanding something here, but if you're doing intranet
> delivery via web browser, then can't you install a database and application
> server on your internal HTTP server...? (You can use the same principles,
> even though the World Wide Web would not be involved.)

No, you understand correctly.  I should be able to install a database
and application server on my internal server.   "Should" is the
operative word.  Right now, I'm not allowed to do that *and* have
users access the site (it's a long story).

Thanks for the input on both Flash and Director.  I knew they were
both good for the web, but I did not know Director could do so much
on it's own.

----
Caution: meet wind.