[thelist] Question: E-commerce solution

Beau Hartshorne beau at members.evolt.org
Wed Aug 22 12:02:25 CDT 2001

Catherine,

For what it sounds like you want to achieve, you may be better off hiring
someone to design a custom application for your company. If you do find a
free (open source) application that almost does what you need, you will at
least need to know how the language works in order to modify it to suit your
needs.

A good place to look for open source apps is Source Forge. Many of the best
are written in php/mysql. They should not be too difficult to port over to
Oracle. Here's their URL:
http://www.sourceforge.net/

And this is where you'll find everything you ever wanted know about PHP:
http://www.php.net/

and mysql:
http://www.mysql.com/

Cheers,