[thelist] CF5/Verity Search

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Thu Aug 23 09:09:36 CDT 2001

I was able to find this in the Forums:

http://forums.allaire.com/coldfusion/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=211850
&highlight_key=y&loadedfromframes=yes&keyword1=verity&keyword2=spider

Specifically, this message should help you:

The vspider program is invoked from the command-line (and there are a host
of other programs associated with it). Syntax is:

vspider [-start | -refresh] -collection collectionname [options]

One of the available options is -prefixmap, which sounds like what you
mentioned.

The issue that stopped us isn't the prefixmap, though - vspider built the
collection, and we verified it had searchable content with other verity
command-line tools. Problem is that the CF Server isn't recognizing any of
the fields that are generated in the vspider-generated collection. In
retrospect, I think it might be possible to create a custom tag that calls
the command-line search-tool and dumps the results to a file that can then
be picked up by CF, but that doesn't sound like a practical alternative (for
us, at least) when the "stock" verity interface allows collections to be set
up and maintained with a few clicks here and there. The main reason we were
looking at vspider as an option was in an effort to automate collection
generation and maintenance while filtering out some of the files in our site
directory-tree that we didn't want to have appearing in the search-results.

If you've got CF 5.0, the verity command-line tools documentation starts on
page 148.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : jedimaster at macromedia.com
Yahoo IM : morpheus