[thelist] Searches and Usability

Jen Worden jen at meadoworks.com
Thu Aug 23 14:29:11 CDT 2001

Hi Susan ...

At 02:15 PM 23/08/01 -0500, Susan Wallace wrote:
>In setting up a new site, I have come to a point where some decisions need
>to be made about how searches are handled on the site (and even if we
>should have one in some places).<snip>
>
>So, is there a typical opinion about this? Or does it depend largely on
>whose camp you follow and/or your site needs?

My opinion FWIW:

a) any site under 3 tiers (ie. main level > 2nd > 3rd) would probably
benefit more from a good site map than a search

b) a poor search is worse than none at all (though with Atomz
[http://www.atomz.com] this should no longer be an issue)

cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden - Web Developer
meadoworks - http://www.meadoworks.com