[thelist] help! client bought Photoshop!!

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Fri Aug 24 15:37:38 CDT 2001

Just mention that the gamma rating and chromatic ambience, if not chosen
correctly, can invariably lead to incorrect selection of palletized colors
on select platforms, to include, but not limited to, all 256-color capable
desktops, 16 bit desktops, and ...

It may be a bunch of bs, but it can work.

Just my 2c (not that we EVER let people upload there own images)

Truly though, if a person wants to screw up their own site, then they do
have that option.  If you are to continue supporting them from a technical
standpoint, however, it IS your responsibility to make them (and thus you)
always look professional.  IMHO, the single most important property of an
image is it's dimensions.  Thusly, I'd recommend that dimensions be the
primary restriction imposed on any upload image for immediate use on the
site.  It's very difficult to make a 100x100 image (if that's the maximum
you set) exceed the bearable image filesize, so that is not a bad "maximum".
If the person wants to upload images for use in articles, and for events,
then a size restriction (max or exact) is very easy to code for and layout.

-joshua