[thelist] help! client bought Photoshop!!

Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM
Fri Aug 24 16:07:25 CDT 2001

<snip>
exceed the bearable image filesize
</snip>

<minorRant>
See, for me, any image that hasn't had the pallette reduced as small as
possible without being noticed is unbearable.  Any image that is sloppily
cropped is unbearable.  While we need to set constraints for maximum page
download size, etc., we should keep as far below and within those
constraints as possible.  This can make the difference between an average
site and a very fast site.  This is why I want to maintain control of the
images.  I didn't spend time figuring out how to create navigation bars
that use repeating 1px images, or how to make buttons that use text, etc.,
so that some user can screw it all up.
</minorRant>

-Ron