[thelist] help! client bought Photoshop!!

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Fri Aug 24 16:19:21 CDT 2001

Then it sounds like you have your answer already. If they are not a
professional graphic artist, then they do not have the know-how to work
along side you or within your sites. Users are, in general, idiots, so it
seems like you'll be on your own for a while, unless you come up with
acceptable uses for their images.

If you say, "yeah, you can upload one image per event," and set the image
constraints (dimensions and size) accordingly, then you should be okay if
the design was created in such a way that any image in the hole would be
okay.  Sometimes I put a single white pixel border around the image then a
single black pixel border around that.  The "double border" seems to clean
up whatever malicious color choices the person choose when selecting the
image.

-joshua