[thelist] help! client bought Photoshop!!

Rachell Coe rachell at coeville.com
Fri Aug 24 16:34:37 CDT 2001

Why are we all assuming that the client is going to totally muck things up
and so should be scared away?   True, they will probably make some beginner
errors, but we all had to learn sometime.  I'd like to know why they are
wanting to do this themselves?  Do they want to do their own graphics
because they love working with Photoshop?  Or are they thinking that by
doing this they will somehow save themselves time and/or money?

I can understand wanting to scare them off if they think that doing their
own graphics would save them time and/or money.  But if they genuinely want
to learn, (especially if I'm not even charging them for the service they
want to take over), I would bend over backwards to teach them.  And if I'm
the one teaching them, then how well they do would be a reflection of how
good a teacher I am.

If I'm off base here, or missed something than please let me know (but
please, not with a flame ;).

Thank you!

Rachell Coe
Bluhand Design LLC