[thelist] re: please check my site

C Williams seahorse at inreach.com
Mon Aug 27 10:19:39 CDT 2001

Couple of things I noticed:
1.  The navigation links are inconsistent.  Some change colors when rolled
over, some are underlined, some are not.  Some are white, some are orange,
some are brown...and some are not even underlined or indicative of a link,
ie, they don't light up. I would suggest using a more consistant color
scheme for your links.

1a.  I think there are too many choices of where to go, and they all kind of
blend in to the design, so I don't know quite what to pick. Why the second
row of navigation?  What do you want me to do?  Where do you want me to go?
Would this second bar be better placed at the bottom of the page as a
footer?

b.  Your VME navigation on the left is repeated in the body...literally
right next to it.  It seems the body could better explain each division
rather than merely repeating the words.  How about a visual sample of what I
might find inside.  The one image currently in the center of the page looks
more like something I would expect to see in a store.

2.  The rotating gif images are really compressed.  I can hardly make out
what they are, and I think you would be better off to get rid of it, or put
in a static image or nice collage which dosn't look so pixelated.  I find it
distracting, compared to the top banner....the quality is very noticible.

Overall I really like the design.  The colors and the map, and stuff make me
remember the days of the Army...."Yes, drill sergeant!" Very nice work!

Chris